- Who We Are
- Group Profile
The CK Birla Group is a diversified US $2.8 billion conglomerate that has a history of enduring relationships with renowned global companies.
With over 25,000 employees, 46 manufacturing facilities, 21 service delivery locations and numerous patents and awards, the Group's businesses are present across five continents. We operate in three industry clusters: technology and automotive, home and building, and healthcare and education.
Our companies are strengthened by shared guiding principles that include a focus on long-term value, trust-based relationships and philanthropy. Each business is transforming to build on the collective strength and synergies of the Group's size and span.
The Industry Clusters
- Technology and Automotive
- AVTEC: Powertrain, transmission components and precision-engineered products manufacturer
- Birlasoft: Global solutions integrator
- GMMCO: Distributor of construction and mining equipment, and engine power systems
- NEI: Producer and exporter of bearings
- Neosym: Grey and SG iron casting manufacturer
- Home and Building:
- HIL: Manufacturer of building products, industrial insulation and low-cost housing
- Orient Cement: Cement manufacturer, with Birla A1 as the flagship brand
- Orient Electric: Consumer electricals company producing fans, lighting, home appliances and switchgears
- Orient Paper: Manufacturer of writing, printing, industrial and speciality papers
- Healthcare and Education:
- Integrity: Working with honesty and transparency
- Excellence: Aiming for the highest quality standards in the goods and services we produce
- Respect: Showing respect and humanity towards our colleagues and customers alike
- Responsibility: Being sensitive and responsible towards the communities and environment that we work in
- Accountability: Showing reliability in both word and deed
The future: Transformation through talent and technology
We have more than 20,000 employees and a customer base that includes some of the world's best-known companies. We also enjoy partnerships with several global leaders. Today, the Group is poised to grow through a transformation exercise that will significantly increase the size of our business, with technology and talent driving the expansion. Our vision is to create value in tune with the rapidly changing needs of customers, partners and communities in the twenty-first century.
Beyond business, we commit significant resources to philanthropic initiatives in scientific research, development and the preservation of India’s heritage.